Saturday, April 5, 2008

Life's disappointments

This Sabbath afternoon finds me sad for 2 reasons. First of all I am no longer dating Mike. We talked this afternoon and decided to remain friends, but no longer date each other. It was not an easy conversation or a fun one, but one that had to be made. He brought it up, but I was not surprised really. The second sad news was that I heard today that one of the children that occasionally attended my Sabbath school class died last week. He was only 8 years old. I don't know what happened other than he stopped breathing suddenly. It is hard to know why such a horrible thing would happen to such a young boy. Me being me, I'm trying hard to make sense out of such a horrid, no good, very bad day. I do know that God is sad and crying with me. He knows my hurt and my pain. He knows the deepest desires of my heart. Something positive will come out of all this. I write this not knowing when or how God will do it, but knowing that He will bring me out stronger and more confident in Him. ""For I know the plans I have for you, ' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

3 comments:

Farf/Morfar said...

Dear Lisa,

We didn't read your blog until today.

We pray for our children and grandchildren every day, and recently we have prayed especially fervently for you that God's plan for your life might be carried out
We believe it has happened, however disappointing it may be to you.
Don't forget this one; it is one of our favorites:
All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.
Your blog message reveals the right spirit, and you will come out of this stronger in faith than ever.
Never doubt that God is always with you.

Keep up your head. Life must go on, and you have a bright future before you!
We have great confidence in you.
God bless!

Much love,

Mormor and Morfar

Per said...

We are hurting with you Lisa. Those kind of days are so heavy. It's encouraging to hear that you are looking in the right place for strength and peace. God is love and He will never fail.

Here are two more promises for a horrid, no good, very bad day:

"Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls - yet I will rejoice in the Lord. I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Hab 3:17-19

"The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph 3:17

Farf/Morfar said...

It was so sad with the 8-year old boy who died suddenly.
We hear of such cases off and on.
One took place at Disney World last year.
The cause is usually a congenital heart defect which goes undetected because there are no symptoms.

You had a double blow last Sabbath. and we feel with you, as Per writes.

Much love.
Have a better Sabbath tomorrow!

Morfar (and Mormor)