Sunday, June 1, 2008

Waiting

I think that it's way past time to post a blog thought. I should probably write a little more often than every 2 months! I have grown a great deal in the last 2 months. God has shown me many things like what a great family and friends I have. Everyone's been so supportive of me and my feelings. Every week I've had things to do and people to see. In the midst of all this, I've been waiting on God to show me the way He wants my life to be. I've spent countless hours praying for guidance on what to do with my life right now and how to move on from my relationship with Mike. God has impressed on me that I should wait - that something really great is about to happen. I was thinking about all this while running errands and praying to be patient. God reminded me that He asked many people in the Bible to wait too - Joseph, Moses, Hannah, Abraham and Sarah. They each had to wait on God to perform a miracle. It seemed like God wasn't listening, but in reality He was. God had a fabulous plan for each of the people I thought of. God waited to reveal this plan until the time was right. So here I am on June 1, 2008 waiting on God to reveal His fabulous plan for me. I'm excited just thinking about it. It makes me wonder what God sees in me. It also makes me wonder what He has in mind for each of you too. All you have to to do is ask.

3 comments:

Threads Everywhere said...

Amen! God does have a plan for each of us, and when we look back, we will be glad for the way He took us! I often think of how Paul (in the NT) was delayed from visiting the churches he was so concerned about. If he had been able to visit them, on his own time schedule, we wouldn't have those wonderful letters that are such an encouragement to me! God's timing is best, and the results will be wonderful! Keep looking up!

Farf/Morfar said...

Here's what the author of our Morning Watch book (Jon Paulien) has to say:
June 5.
"Does God still speak to people today? I have employed the following process. When I am ready to pray, I take a pencil and paper with me. Finished with my prayer, I remain in position and wait quietly. Then I write down whatever thoughts and ideas come to my mind. A large percentage of them are usually irrelevant to my life at that point. But some of them are more promising. I pass these ideas through the filter of Scripture, as far as I understand it, and eliminate all ideas contrary to God's Word. I test the rest of the ideas in experience and observe the results. If I feel impressed to visit someone, I go! Or if I am urged to make a phone call, I do it! Whether or not something is from God can be discerned by the results of trying out the impressions that come to us."

Farf/Morfar said...

Lisa,
You are absolutely right when you say that God has a plan for everyone of us.
My own, long life is a powerful testimony to that fact.
In high school he told me to apply for college. He sent me to Vejlefjord for a whole year of Bible study. He chose my future wife for me, sent us to Loma Linda and later to Ethiopia.
He gave us 5 wonderful children and their spouses and 14 just as wonderful grandchildren.
Three times he found a house for us that exactly met our needs and in which we could be happy.
And now we are waiting for the fulfillment of the last part of his plan for our lives: His coming to take us home to live with Him.

Have faith in His plan for your life, too!

Love,

Mormorfar